The 22nd century, defined in the Earth calendar as being from 2100 until 2199. It was a period of change for Earth. In the early part of the century, Earth reshaped its society under the paternalistic guidance of the Vulcans.
- The notation BCE ("Before Common Era") and CE ("Common Era") are alternative neutral notations for BC ("Before Christ") and AD ("anno Domini"), respectively.
- The Earth-Romulan War waged around the middle of the century.
- Contacts and alliances made in the 2150s paved the way for the founding of the United Federation of Planets in 2161.
- In the late 22nd century, the New World Economy took shape in the Federation, and money became obsolete.
- The Federation launched the Quadros-1 probe, which charted portions of the Gamma Quadrant.
- A Bajoran ship carrying Kai Taluno is disabled in the Denorios Belt.
- 2140s CE
- At the Warp Five Complex, Henry Archer developed a warp engine capable of exceeding warp factor 2.
- 12 April 2151 CE
- Launch of Earth's first starship, capable of speeds up to Warp 5 by February 9, 2152.
- March 2153 CE
- The Xindi attack Earth, killing seven million people from Florida to Venezuela.
- 2161 CE
- Starfleet achieved warp 7 and started installing it on the newest Starfleet vessels.
List of 22nd century productionsEdit
- Star Trek: Enterprise
|21st century|| Timeline|