Early life & career[edit | edit source]
Angelica was actually HRH Princess Angelica, Princess of Wales, which was next in line to the throne of the United Kingdom. She rarely talked about it and only revealed it when there was a need to do so. Her family had a large land holding in Great Hampden, outside High Wycombe, that had been part of the family collection of wealth for several centuries. Angelica’s mother (HRH Elizabeth Ferguson, the Duchess of York) became Queen Elizabeth III in 2267 after her brother, King James III, died without siring any children.
Angie was assigned to the USS Yorktown. In 2270, in the ship's final mission, it was ambushed by Romulan forces. Yorktown was virtually destroyed in the battle, leaving the Lieutenant McKnight to rally the survivors and head for home. Yorktown would be eventually rebuilt.
Sometime during her tenure with the USS Excelsior project, Angie requested an assignment on the USS Lexington before any captain had been named. Unknown to her, her husband had been assigned to the ship at the same time as she received her orders. Fearing a conflict of interest, both officers requested that Starfleet look at letting married couples serve in command positions. To their surprise, Starfleet allowed them to stay together.
Family and personal life[edit | edit source]
Angelica's birth name is Angelica Renee Louise Mountbatten-Windsor and that name still shows on virtually all her legal documents (including her graduation certificate from Starfleet Academy). She changed it to Angelica Renee McKnight the day she married and uses this name on a daily basis.
Chronology[edit | edit source]
- Lieutenant (j.g.), Communications Officer, USS Yorktown, NCC-1705 (2266-2270)
- Lieutenant, Communications Officer, Starfleet Command, London (2270-2274)
- Lieutenant Commander, Communications Officer, USS Anniston, NCC-1745 (2274-2277)
- Lieutenant Commander, Communications Officer, USS Constellation II, NCC-1728 (2277-2280)
- Commander, Design Team Commander (Communications), USS Excelsior project (2280-86)
- Commander, Communications Officer, USS Lexington, NCC-1709-A (2286-present)