|Max. warp:||warp 4.8|
The Baton Rouge class was a Federation Starfleet cruiser-type starship. Ships of this class were divided into two types, light cruisers and escort cruisers, both introduced in 2236. Cruiser variants (NCC-1550-1569) began undergoing refits in 2278; the escorts (NCC-1570-1599) started receiving refits in 2281, with an additional Aegis-type refit in 2285. (Star Fleet Battles, Starbase23.net)
By the 2330s, the Baton Rouge class was officially retired around the same time the Constitution-class. However, over 20 Baton-Rouge class starships remained in the "Mothball Fleet" in the Starfleet Museum.(Citation needed)
- Rick Sternbach designed a Baton Rouge class, seen in the Star Trek Spaceflight Chronology.
- The Baton Rouge class may be closely related in design to the Nordenskjold class. (Federation Starship Recognition Chart)
- According to the Spaceflight Chronology, vessels of this class were introduced before 2170, by which time they were the fastest to date, with a maximum cruise velocity of warp 4.8, when they became part of Starfleet.
- The USS Churchill to which Gary Mitchell was assigned in DC's Star Trek comic annual #1 (volume 1) ("All Those Years Ago") may have been Baton Rouge-class. The design matches that of the Baton Rouge class depicted in the Spaceflight Chronology.
- Marvel Star Trek (TOS) #6: NCC-1373 (as USS Republic) (see note at Memory Alpha)
- The Final Reflection/Worlds Apart by John Ford (Glasgow, Hokkaido and Savannah)
|Baton Rouge-class starships|
|Prototype: USS Baton Rouge|
|USS Achilles - USS Black Hawk - USS Brazzaville - USS Churchill - USS Glasgow - USS Hokkaido - USS Moscow - USS Savannah - USS Savannah II - USS Tehran|
|USS Arcadia - USS Atlanta - USS Britannia - USS Cairo - USS Chauncey - USS Commonwealth - USS Connecticut - USS Democracy - USS Devonshire - USS Lafayette - USS Tipton - USS Tripoli - USS Union - USS Vladivostok - USS Yamato|
|Star Trek: Shadowstar Station: USS Arcturus- USS Denpasar|
- Baton Rouge class article at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek wiki.
- Star Fleet Starship Recognition Manual: Ships of the Baton Rouge Era