- 15 Lyncis comes from publicity material released at the time of TAS. A later source — Decipher RPG: Starfleet Operations Manual — affirms that the Caitian homeworld is Regulus V.
Following the destruction of Cait during a war between the Gorn Hegemony and the Kzinti Patriarchy the Caitians constructed four artificial planetoids around 15 Lyncis to serve as home for the surviving refugees. (Starfleet International)
- The genetic link between at least the Caitians and Kzinti was first suggested in Star Trek Log Five. Worlds of the Federation says that Caitians are believed to have descended from a Kzinti colony.
Average heights for Caitians are 1.7 meters (males) and 1.5 meters (females). Average weights are 80-95 kgs (males) and 50-65 kgs (females). Normal body temperature range is 101-102.5 Fahrenheit. Normal pulse range is 110-130. Nornal respiration is 100. Normal blood pressure is 110/80. As of 2289, the normal life expectancies were 39.8 Terran standard years for males and 42.6 solar years for females. (Star Fleet Medical Reference Manual Supplemental)
All Caitains serving with humans in Starfleet are required to take daily injections of tisourine to keep their hair from falling out and causing an allergic reaction in humans who are also allergic to cats. (Absolute Horizon)
The V'rrow was a Caitian religious order. M'reen's mother was a high priestess of that order, whose members were adept at sensing the "psychic auras" of many Federation species. (Star Trek: Avenger: "Belonging")
- Moggs served as Science officer aboard the USS Ragnarok in the early 25th century. (Star Trek: Phoenix-X)
- Lieutenant M'Ress, assigned to the USS Exeter and USS Enterprise as a communications officer during the late 2260s. (Star Trek: The Animated Series, Star Trek: The Animated Series Comics, Absolute Horizon)
- Siandierra Anjulee Beautelier, captain of the USS Sovereign (NCC-75000), and her grandmother, Kyra Songseer, captain of the USS Sovereign (NCC-2505). (Starfleet International)