|USS Baldwin story|
|Original post date:||2004|
The Baldwin crew relax as they meet the new baby.
- Personal Log, Stardate 54003.4: As Baldwin is being towed by Wildfire, I have been released from sickbay. Patrick and Tiana are doing good as well.
- I guess that I've always felt that Patrick was "the one" for me. When I joined the Baldwin crew, Patrick and I worked together very well. I always loved it when he was able to put a smile on his face – something that was hard to do in the middle of a war. I know that seeing him made me smile as well.
- I could also tell that there was a bit of a sexual attraction on his part. I also knew what could happen when I became his mate. Still, the smile on his face when he saw his daughter for the first time was priceless.
- — Recorded by Bridget Ingrum
- "We're being towed to Starbase 42 for replacement of the dilithium crystals. I'm also making sure everyone aboard has some R and R time."
- "I suppose everyone's going to want to see the baby."
- "I think you can count on it."
- "Sometimes, I think you find the 'augment' part of me sexy."
- — Bridget Ingrum, to her husband
- "In order to cool down the computer room to get it restarted, we need to get the environmental systems on line, which requires us to restart the computer."
- — Lieutenant Bosworth, describing a recursion.
- The story title comes from the 1981 album from Journey, following Infinity, Evolution, and Departure, and preceding Frontiers. It also refers to the 1979 Rupert Holms song, which is also known as "the Piña Colada song."
- Another reference is made to TNG: "Unnatural Selection".
- Escape Full text of the story, on the author's website.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.