|Original post date:||1999-10-26|
|Previous episode:||"The Return of the Borg"|
|Next episode:||"Christmas Special"|
"Experimentalism" (also known as Star Trek: Experimentalism) was the second long-form episode of Star Trek: Phoenix-X, taking place after Episode 17 and before Special 1 (which takes place before Episode 18). Like "The Links' Traitor", it was classified as a "chapter".
Summary[edit | edit source]
Commander Avery puts the Phoenix-X out of service and everyone is re-stationed. But with the sudden disappearance of random starships in Federation space, mystery and danger begins to bring the crew back together for one more adventure.
Memorable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "How do you think I feel? I'm the Captain and they haven't beamed me up yet."
- — Cid
Background information[edit | edit source]
- Avery follows through with his threat to "keep an eye" on Gotens and the ship for any "slip-ups", as said in "The Tiloniam System", by finally decommissioning the Phoenix-X, and forcing everyone to be re-assigned. He would later return in Season 4's "STO Halloween".
- The episode, "The Tiloniam System" is revisited in Experimentalism.
- Daniel and Kugo admit that they never knew nor thought about the origins of the Transwarp drive since serving on the Phoenix-X. They would later be told of its origins at the end of the episode by Theseus.
- Daniel and Kugo's initial encounter with the Transwarp drive would be clarified in the episode "The Tilonian System".
- This is the first and most involved appearance of the Gordarions. Another time when their influence would make a difference would be in "Occurrence, Parts I & II". They also cause the USS Hijinx to travel to Borg-infested space in "Hijinx".