Early life and career[edit | edit source]
Jeffery Pierce was born in Ohio, North America, Earth, in the year 2246 to Devon and Elizabeth Pierce. In 2250 his father died in the service of the United Federation of Planets. The death of his father served as a driving force in his life which ultimately led to his entering Starfleet. In 2267 he was assigned to the starship USS Potemkin in the sciences division, specializing in astronomy, astrophysics and planetology. He became fast friends with an Orion ensign named Lara while stationed on the Potemkin. He eventually entered command training with the sponsorship of Captain J.T. Esteban and eventually attained the rank of Commander in 2277. He was then promoted to Potemkin's first officer, in which capacity he served for seven years until being promoted to Captain in 2284. He was one of many candidates considered for command of the USS Excelsior but lost out to James Styles. Pierce was later assigned as the commanding officer of the second Constellation-class starship USS Hathaway (known as the "other great experiment").
- There is no canon reference to the first name of Captain Styles from Star Trek III: The Search for Spock. However, "James" is the name established in Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens's book Prime Directive, which Hathaway's writers honor.
Memorable quotes[edit | edit source]
"Where we see a terraforming tool, they see a weapon capable of destroying entire planets and the populations that reside on them!" ("Genesis")
Chronology[edit | edit source]
- 2246: Pierce is born.
- 2250: Devon Pierce dies.
- 22??: Graduates Starfleet Academy.
- 2267: Assigned to USS Potemkin.
- 2277: Promoted to Commander and becomes USS Potemkin first officer.
- 2285: Assigned to USS Hathaway as commanding officer.
Background information[edit | edit source]
- Jeffery Pierce was played by fan actor Brad Hathaway in all of the character's appearances on Star Trek: USS Hathaway.