|Lieutenant Ayala in 2371.|
|Affiliation:||Federation, Starfleet (impressed Maquis)|
- For other uses, see Ayala.
- "Ayala, we're interrogating prisoners, not occupying a planet. Isn't that overkill?"
- "Captain, there's no such thing as 'overkill'."
- "Yeah, there's only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
- — Veronica Stadi, Peter Durst, and Kepa Ayala (The Mysterious Case of Neelix's Lungs: "The Mysterious Case of Neelix's Lungs")
Biography[edit | edit source]
By 2371 Ayala had joined the Maquis, serving under Chakotay. After the Maquis raider Val Jean was transported to the Delta Quadrant by the Caretaker, he and his surviving fellows were incorporated into USS Voyager's crew. Veronica Stadi, the acting captain, offered him the position of chief of security, and he accepted, hoping to make up for the innocent blood he'd accidentally spilled in a bombing on Tara IV. ("Caretaker")
During Voyager and CDS Vetar's encounter with the Ha'ni he took a security team over to the HZA Naarat to help repel Kazon-Relora boarders. Afterwards he repudiated a proposed mutiny by the other Maquis, ordering them to behave themselves. ("Lizard-Women from Another Dimension!")