|Star Trek: Phase II episode|
|Previous episode:||"The Child"|
- This episode notably features both the smooth-headed QuchHa' Klingons, familiar to Kirk and crew, as well as the unaltered HemQuch Klingons. Kirk acknowledges that the division was brought about by the augment virus, gloating that the smooth-headed Klingons are "improved, with human DNA." (ENT: "Affliction", "Divergence")
- Leaving the Klingon Empire in a freighter, K'sia was picked up by the Federation on Sherman's Planet. (TOS: "The Trouble with Tribbles")
- The Enterprise plots a course to Qo'noS based on that taken by Captain Jonathan Archer of the Enterprise NX-01, is now known as having become a President of the United Federation of Planets. As that mission took place over a hundred years ago, K'sia provides replacement star charts. (ENT: "Broken Bow")
- Kirk recalls stealing a corvette as a kid, an incident which also occured in the Kelvin Timeline. (Star Trek)
- This is the final appearance of Kargh.
- Guest stars for the episode included Gil Gerard and Andrew Probert. 
- This episode is baded on a two-script concept for the never-produced Star Trek: Phase II TV series of the 1970s written by John Meredyth Lucas, it was re-written for Star Trek Phase II by Patty Wright.
- Kitumba was directed by Vic Mignogna, a noted voice actor known for his roles as "Broly" in Dragon Ball Z: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan and roles in several other popular English-dubbed Japanese animated series.
- Mignogna played the episode's villain. This is Mignogna's second acting role in Phase II, as he has also appeared in Enemy: Starfleet.
- On April 15th, 2012, a "director's cut" of the episode was released online without knowledge or permission from the Phase II production. 
|Star Trek: Phase II|
|Episodes:||Released: "Come What May" | "In Harm's Way" | "To Serve All My Days" | "World Enough and Time" | "Blood and Fire, Part 1" | "Blood and Fire, Part 2" | "Enemy: Starfleet" | "The Child" | "Kitumba" | "Mind-Sifter" | "The Holiest Thing" |
In Production: "The Holiest Thing" | "Origins: The Protracted Man" | "Bread and Savagery" | "Torment of Destiny"
|Vignettes:||"Center Seat" | "No-Win Scenario" | "Going Boldly"|
|Related Media:||Star Trek: First Voyages | Star Trek: New Voyages eMagazine | Star Trek: New Voyages podcast|
|Characters:||James T. Kirk | Spock | Leonard McCoy | Hikaru Sulu | Montgomery Scott | Pavel Chekov | Nyota Uhura | Vincent DeSalle | Janice Rand | Christine Chapel | Kargh|
|Actors:||James Cawley | Jeff Quinn | Ben Tolpin | Brandon Stacy | John Kelley | Charles Root | Andy Bray | Jonathan Zungre | John Lim | J.T. Tepnapa | Julienne Irons | Kim Stinger | Ron Boyd | Meghan King Johnson | Shannon Giles|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.