Michael Liebmann (March 4 1955-July 26 2016) was a native New Yorker who had lived in New York, in California and finally in Atlanta, Georgia. He was a graduate of California State University, Northridge, with a Bachelor's Degree of Science in Business Administration (Accounting suboption). He worked as a legal secretary. He was also a veteran, having served in the United States Navy from 1979 to 1984.
Additionally, he was instrumental in starting GAFilk, a filking convention in the Atlanta area which has been going on since 1999, and he was known as a vendor of filk and Celtic music at local highland games and Celtic festivals.
Michael passed away on July 26, 2016, due to complications from surgery.
Michael's voice work on Star Trek fan audio productions was extensive. In addition to Star Trek: Grissom, where he played Dr. Michael Liebmann, "Doctor" (well, it does say "Dr. Michael Liebmann, Ph.D."), he played Commander Andrew Miller in Star Trek: Valkyrie and he also appeared as Engineer Jack Graves in Star Trek: Outpost.
Michael played a major role in Starship Excelsior as LTC/LTJG Alex Bevoney Rol, which has now become the longest-running audio drama and was also known for the first-ever Star Trek musical episode with all original music, Pendant Audio's former production of Star Trek: Defiant as a Romulan, a Klingon gambler, and various and assorted other aliens, Darker Project's Star Trek: Lost Frontier as the Vorta Weyoun, and Hidden Frontier's Star Trek: Odyssey as one of the Bajoran prophets/Archein "great ones," among others. In the Hidden Frontier universe, he also showed up in Star Trek Diplomatic Relations, Henglaar, M.D., and Federation One. He also lent his voice to various other productions, such as Star Trek Osiris, Star Trek Dark Armada and the original Star Trek Valkyrie, where he voiced several characters.
Michael played the following characters in Star Trek: The Intrepid Adventures:
- Rear admiral Richard Berry - Sector commander, Sector 002 - Starbase 5
- Commodore Yoskie Izdareckhet - Commanding officer - USS Konkordium
- Captain Saul Levin - Chief medical officer - USS Entente
- Lieutenant commander Martin Gold - Chief Tactical officer - USS Sol
- Lieutenant commander Murray Goldman - Head Medical technician - Starbase 134
- Lieutenant Zev Fisher - Assistant Chief Science officer - USS Hermes
- Lieutenant Morris Finkelstein - Assistant Chief Communications officer - USS Paegan
- Lieutenant Garrison Even-Kesef - Support officer - USS Intrepid
- Lieutenant junior grade Allen Winkler - Helmsman - USS Bellatrix
- Ensign Jacob Stein - Science officer - USS Xerxes
- Ensign Lazar Shooler - Security officer - USS Diana
He was a trivia master at several Star Trek conventions in the 1980s.