- For the original prompt, see: STO Literary Challenge #63 : Nightmare Anomaly
|Original post date:||2014-05-09|
|Previous episode:||"In a Window, Darkly"|
|Next episode:||"The New Frontier"|
On an exploration mission into unknown space, the Phoenix-X stumbles upon and gets caught in an uncatalogued, unusual anomaly.
- "Being the twenty-fifth Phoenix-ship, we have a standard to uphold, and that standard is existence."
- — Oroku Seifer
- This story jumps ahead in the Star Trek: Phoenix-X timeline to 2410 and is the first story to feature Seifer, who is later established as a separate host, Oroku Seifer, to the Seifer symbiont in "Delta Recruit".
- Red does not appear in this story, nor the 'literary' stories that follow this. He would later make an appearance in "In Their Footsteps" as first officer of the IKS Dragunov.
- Cell makes a brief cameo appearance, but does not return in future stories.
- This story was the first of Hawku's written challenges to be written in prose format.