|"Oh, What A Lovely War"|
|Original post date:||2007|
|Previous episode:||"The Eagle"|
|Next episode:||"An Innocent Time"|
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Myhr'an attack Canaileus Prime, and the USS Cantabrian is the only Starfleet starship in range to respond. Captain Noah Wrightson sends the majority of his crew down to the surface to help defend the weakened colony, leaving a skeleton crew aboard to deal with the Myhr'an battle cruiser in orbit. But, as the Cantabrian holds the line waiting for reinforcements, the losses and twists and turns will hit so much harder than anticipated...
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Ulitania Jonar dies in this episode, with the Jonar symbiont transferred to Tawana Killan.
- Milami Thall is introduced in this episode, and the Bolian Isolationist Movement is hinted at, with Dr. Akeras Pela refusing to treat Thall's wounds despite a direct order from Dr. Marie Bourget.
- Canaileus Prime is revisited, reinforcing the planet's importance to the Myhr'an, established in "Catalyst, Part One".
- The FNN is introduced, as is one of their main reporters, Kevin Alton.
- Admiral Zahara Hogan confirms Starfleet Command holds the official view the Myhr'an and Federation are engaged in hostilities and not war. Foreshadowing of the Dominion War also takes place with Hogan confirming Starfleet resources are spread pretty thin and the Federation cannot commit the starships or manpower to another possible war on the opposite side of the Federation from the Bajor System.
- The title is taken from the stage musical, Oh! What a Lovely War.