- You may also be looking for Osaka class (fast cruiser).
Apparently based on the Surya-class spaceframe, ships of this class were in service beginning in 2240. They were developed as a companion class to large convoys, providing supplies and many of the repair options found on starbases. Beneath the extended primary hull were two cargo attachment points: in standard configuration, one would carry fuel that could be transferred via specialized fuel shuttles to all of the ships in the convoy; while the other would carry stores for the convoy.
- For ships with a vintage dating back to the mid-23rd century, the registry numbers for the class are relatively high compared with those of their contemporaries.
Warp propulsion systems must have been upgraded from PB-31 (or similar) nacelles to the integrated LN-64 type nacelles (shown in the Starship Recognition Files) at some point in the mid- to late-2270s.
- Arguably, ships of this class could be designated tenders.
Auxiliary craft embarked (standard)Edit
- 22 work bees
- 4 refueling shuttles
- 6 cargo shuttles
- 2 Galileo-class personnel shuttles
- 2 warp sled shuttles
- 1 yard tug
- 1 heavy grappling shuttle
- 1 mobile decontamination shuttle
- 1 drydock scaffolding shuttle
- 1 warp core tractor sled