|STAR TREK FAN FILM|
Project: Potemkin is the umbrella title for fan films set a few years after Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. This exciting fan film series takes place aboard the starship Potemkin, an up-rated Constitution III-class heavy cruiser. It's on a five-year mission of exploration in deep space where its crew encounters strange new worlds while seeking out new life forms and new civilizations. The Potemkin is an older ship, one of the original 12. She's been refitted a few times, and she's one of the last of her kind. Its captain, a 40-year veteran of Starfleet, has a unique crew, mostly comprised of inexperienced officers, the occasional castoff from another ship, and a feisty chief medical officer.
Its episodes and vignettes focus on science fiction as well as action-adventure, humor and drama. Each production varies in its length; the producers don't restrict themselves by following a typical four-act television format. Instead, their writers think outside the box by not following standard formats. Its productions include more than a dozen vignettes (ranging from 6 to 15 minutes), a half-hour episode, and even a full-length episode. Filming takes place in various locations in Southwest Georgia in order to take advantage of the wide variety of unique locations throughout the region. In addition to the studio that the producers have built in Albany, Georgia, they've filmed on a river front in Lee County, in the historic Radium Springs Gardens in Dougherty County, in downtown Americus, in a swamp, and they continue to look at other exciting, unique locations throughout the region.
All of this helps make Project: Potemkin a unique Star Trek fan film series!
- Doug Harper as Commander Mike Delaney
- Bill Mackenzie as Lieutenant Quentin Caley
- Richard Thornton as Lieutenant Darrell Frazier
- Abby Evans as Lieutenant Tyler Landon
- Stephanie Burke as Lieutenant Sharon Mtume
- P03 - "The Void"
- P10 - "The Night the Stars Fell from the Sky"
- P14 - "Ashes"
- P18 - "Just Once..."
- P25 - "Third Watch"
- P35 - "Destinies"
- Potemkin Pictures website -- general information about the production
- Potemkin Pictures on Facebook
- Project: Potemkin on Facebook -- a daily blog about the production
- Project Potemkin Webpage at Star Trek Reviewed
- Fan Film Friday: Project Potemkin Part 1
- Fan Film Friday: Project Potemkin Part 2