|USS Baldwin story|
|Original post date:||2001|
|Previous story:||"Trouble in Paradise"|
|Next story:||"Good Will"|
- "And now, the final dish for our little thanksgiving dinner. Waldorf salad, it's and old family recipe."
- "This salad is very good. Is there anything you can't do?"
- "Maybe, but there are some things I won't do."
- "There's our problem. Now all we have to do is come up with a solution."
- "If there's any team that can come up with that solution, I trust this squadron. I think we should place the weapon on the Wildfire and test-fire out in the asteroid belt."
- — Bridget and Patrick Ingrum, on the Breen weapon
- '"I think we'll be just fine over here, but I think we've done enough damage for one day."
- — Shandy Rogers, after Wildfire received some negative feedback when test firing the Breen weapon.
- "Captain, I think the enemy has been surprised. They're not sure what to do."
- "I know the solution. Open fire."
- — Laura Bennett and Patrick Ingrum, once the Dominion tried to use the energy dissipators on the Baldwin
- This episode references the Second Battle of Chin'toka and the Battle of Cardassia, and also references a snippet of DS9: "What You Leave Behind"
- Amanda Stacey is promoted to Captain.
- The title to this and the following story come from the motto of the USS Winston Churchill
- Resolution Full text of the story, on the author's website.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.