|STAR TREK FAN FILM|
|Star Trek: Aurora|
Quicktime, WMV, iPod & Flash
Star Trek: Aurora is an animated film that is set in the year 2270, right after Kirk's five year mission ends. It does not focus on Starfleet, as is the case with most other Star Trek shows, but rather, it focuses on the adventures of the Federation's interstellar merchants.
Story was written, directed and animated (as 3D computer graphics) by Tim Vining, with hair modeling by Kozaburo and a Romulan warship by Sean Kennedy and Atolm.
Characters[edit | edit source]
On the Aurora:
- Kara Carpenter (voice by Jeannette Vining), captain of the SS Aurora.
- T'Ling (also played by Jeannette Vining), first mate of the Aurora.
Ships[edit | edit source]
- Aurora, a small cargo ship operating just outside Federation space.
- Mercury Rising, a small family-run cargo ship, and Kara Carpenter's home as a child.
- Romulan Bird of Prey (mesh and textures by Sean Kennedy, design and concept Atolm).
- Lone Star, another cargo ship operated by Randy Jacobs.
- USS Yorktown (NCC-1717) a Constitution-class federation ship in the Original or an alternate reality
Episodes[edit | edit source]
Full Movie, re-released as a whole, is available in final form as of December 31, 2011. Run time is 55 minutes, 28 seconds. (Was originally released in parts)
Part 1[edit | edit source]
Released 2006. 11 min. Stardate: 7011.2.
Introduces Kara Carpenter and T'Ling and their cargo ship the Aurora as they leave the X2 Industrial Colony for Outreach Station. Carpenter has a flashback to her childhood on the Mercury Rising when it was attacked by an unknown warship that appeared out of nowhere.
- John Carpenter (voiced by Bob Saur)
- Miranda Carpenter (Maggie Saur),
- Michael Carpenter (Matthew Saur),
- Jimmy Carpenter (Russell Saur)
- Tracy Carpenter (Jeanette Vining)
Part 2[edit | edit source]
Released July 2007. 8 min.
In a bar at Outreach Station, another trucker taunts Carpenter with a grisly nickname known as Cannibal Kara and experiences the Vulcan nerve pinch. Carpenter has another flashback to her time alone on the wreck of the Mercury Rising.
- Randy Jacobs (voiced by Tim Vining), captain of the Lone Star
- Chug, crewman on the Lone Star
- Rescue crewmen (John Hardiman, Matthew Saur, Elena Tobin, Ed Condry)
- Rescue captain (Tim Tobin)
- Rescue medic (Susan Hardiman)
Part 3[edit | edit source]
Released summer 2009. 10 min.
The Lone Star follows the Aurora to find the secret of how they plan to get to Tagdown Colony in 26 days.
- Stationmaster (John Whiting)
Part 4[edit | edit source]
Released June 2010. Runtime 10 min
Part 5[edit | edit source]
Released December 2011
Mudd in Your I - Parts 1, 2 & 3[edit | edit source]
Released April 21st, 2015.