|STAR TREK FAN FICTION|
|Star Trek: Shadowstar Station|
|Author(s):||Hartriono Sastrowardoyo, Rahadyan Sastrowardoyo|
|Format:||Short stories, novel|
The focus is mostly on a Salem-class space station, Shadowstar Station (SFR-721), built in the late 23rd century, though tales of individual characters when they were officers on different Starfleet vessels or facilities exist. Many stories focus on a flight test team (nicknamed Team Shadowstar) based on the station.
The continuity of this series is similar, though not identical, to that of Star Trek: Accord, Star Trek: Avenger and Star Trek: Malverne. Among the divergences from those continuities is that, in the Star Trek: Shadowstar Station timeline:
- the 1960s space race had more advanced technology;
- the Eugenics Wars was more akin to a Twilight 2000 type of scenario, rather than the covert conflict of Greg Cox's novels;
- World War III was not the nuclear Armageddon portrayed in Star Trek: First Contact;
- the United States of America was fragmented in the late 21st century, but was too economically destitute to have a second Civil War.
As well, some of the events in Trek history -- e.g., Shaun Geoffrey Christopher's Earth-Saturn probe, and the Tomed Incident -- revealed in novels published by Pocket Books happened differently in Shadowstar continuity.
Relationship to Starfleet International
Shadowstar Station was a Starfleet International chapter for a very short time, from 1995 (where it was a chapter-in-training) to ca. 1997 or '98. The primary authors were members of that parent organization from 1987 to 2007 (in the case of Rahadyan) and 1989 to 1998 (Hartriono).
In 2011, Rahadyan Sastrowardoyo began outlining and writing more stories set in Shadowstar's continuity, including the adventures of different agents tasked by the Federation Department of Temporal Investigations to repair the timeline.
- There is currently no website for Star Trek: Shadowstar Station, though some short stories set in that continuity have been published in hardcopy and online.
- Star Trek: Accord: "That Which Does Not Kill Us"
- Star Trek: Avenger: "Belonging"
Both are no longer active.
- Star Trek: Shadowstar Station: Timeline (latest revision: 01 June 2012)