|STAR TREK FAN FICTION|
|Star Trek: Shadowstar Station|
|Author(s):||Hartriono Sastrowardoyo, Rahadyan Sastrowardoyo|
|Format:||Short stories, novel|
The focus is mostly on a Salem-class space station, Shadowstar Station (SFR-721), built in the late 23rd century, though tales of individual characters when they were officers on different Starfleet vessels or facilities exist. Many stories focus on a flight test team (nicknamed Team Shadowstar) based on the station.
Continuity differences[edit | edit source]
The continuity of this series is similar, though not identical, to that of Star Trek: Accord, Star Trek: Avenger and Star Trek: Malverne. Among the divergences from those continuities is that, in the Star Trek: Shadowstar Station timeline:
- the 1960s space race had more advanced technology;
- the Eugenics Wars was more akin to a Twilight 2000 type of scenario, rather than the covert conflict of Greg Cox's novels;
- World War III was not the nuclear Armageddon portrayed in Star Trek: First Contact;
- the United States of America was fragmented in the late 21st century, but was too economically destitute to have a second Civil War.
As well, some of the events in Trek history -- e.g., Shaun Geoffrey Christopher's Earth-Saturn probe, and the Tomed Incident -- revealed in novels published by Pocket Books happened differently in Shadowstar continuity.
Relationship to Starfleet International[edit | edit source]
Shadowstar Station was a Starfleet International chapter for a very short time, from 1995 (where it was a chapter-in-training) to ca. 1997 or '98. The primary authors were members of that parent organization from 1987 to 2007 (in the case of Rahadyan) and 1989 to 1998 (Hartriono).
post-Starfleet International[edit | edit source]
In 2011, Rahadyan Sastrowardoyo began outlining and writing more stories set in Shadowstar's continuity, including the adventures of different agents tasked by the Federation Department of Temporal Investigations to repair the timeline.
- There is currently no website for Star Trek: Shadowstar Station, though some short stories set in that continuity have been published in hardcopy and online.
[edit | edit source]
- Star Trek: Accord: "That Which Does Not Kill Us"
- Star Trek: Avenger: "Belonging"
Both are no longer active.
Other references[edit | edit source]
- Star Trek: Shadowstar Station: Timeline (latest revision: 01 June 2012)