"The Needs of the Plenty
" was the eighty-ninth episode of Star Trek: Phoenix-X
. The 3-part episode was published on The Trek BBS forums, one part at a time and is finished.
The Phoenix-X investigates the actions of the Traveling Link harassing the colony world of Gault.
|| Prod. Code
| Needs of the Plenty, Part I
|| Feb 24 2015
|| Cell admits to a secret of his being released. Meanwhile, the crew are sent to investigate a disturbance on Gault.
| Needs of the Plenty, Part II
|| Mar 05 2015
|| Night Seifer questions Diggs, one of the changelings from The Traveling Link.
| Needs of the Plenty, Part III
|| Mar 16 2015
|| The crew come up with a plan to lure the Traveling Link to the Phoenix-X. Meanwhile, Captain Cell's legal problems reach a tipping point.
- This episode takes place after "The Nemesis Factor" in 2391, and predates all Literary episodes that take place in 2410, starting with "Nightmare Anomaly" where Oroku Seifer is Captain of the Phoenix-X.
- The Traveling Link last appeared in "Destiny's Revenge, Part III".
- Part I of the episode was posted at FanFiction.net on August 27th, 2015. Part II was posted on September 25th, 2015. Part III was posted November 6th, 2015.
- When speaking with Cell and Night Seifer, Admiral Cloud reveals several previously unmentioned conflicts:
- The Tribble Invasions: a reference to "Triple Tribble Sunday", where a group of genetically enhanced Tribble take over a starship in 2386. And a non-connected reference in 2410, "The New Frontier", where the Phoenix-X encounters a parallel dimension called Tribble Space, of which tribble make up most of space itself; after which, returning, one of the space-borne tribble are unintentionally introduced to the prime universe.
- The Moriarty Cold Wars: from several references throughout the series, including (1) "Secret Occurrences", where 47 Moriarty's are created by Kod aboard the Phoenix-U in 2368; (2) "Forbidden Crossing, Part II", where Moriarty kills his holographic Enterprise-D crew in the 2360s; (3) "Remnants", where he takes over the Phoenix-X in 2376; and (4) "Movie Night" where the Moriarty Wars were mentioned to have happened in the 2390s.
- The Kahn Race Riots: a reference to differing Khan Noonien Singh's in "Space Seed (episode)" and Star Trek (film), and to be later referenced, non-connecting, in "Better Angels of Our Nature".
- This episode was previously labelled as a "trek" episode, and was re-categorized as an "episode" on May 31st, 2016.