|Star Trek: Pioneer (STP) episode|
|"The So'ja Incident"|
|Prod. code:||STP 1.01|
|Original post date:||10/3/2002|
|Next episode:||"Quantum Dreams"|
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Captain Benjamin Kelsoe is assigned as the commanding officer of the USS Pioneer. Their first mission is to rescue the USS Clark, a Federation science vessel that’s being attacked by a rogue group of So'ja. The Pioneer must go into So'ja space and save the Clark.
Key events[edit | edit source]
- Admiral John Hayes gives Captain Benjamin Kelsoe the USS Pioneer to command.
- Commander Robert Tuff joins the crew as the tactical officer.
Memorable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "The So'ja are dangerous, Captain! Why is Star Fleet sending us?"
- "Starfleet needs their best ship on this."
- "Commander, with all do respect, we are not Starfleet’s best ship. We are a retired class that has been transformed to a exploring ship."
- "To boldly go, as Captain Kirk said. But this will be a small detour on the beginning of our mission of the exploration of So'ja space."
- — Ensign Eric Zimmer, Commander Connor Burt, Commander Braxis, and Captain Benjamin Kelsoe discuss why the USS Pioneer was selected for the mission.
- "Did we do it?"
- "Yes, we did it buddy. We got away."
- "So'ja picked the wrong ship to miss with."
- "That they did, Connor, that they did."
- — Commander Burt and Captain Kelsoe discussing the result of their confrontation with the So'ja.
Locations[edit | edit source]
First appearance[edit | edit source]
- Captain Benjamin Kelsoe
- Commander Braxis
- Commander Connor Burt
- Commander Robert Tuff
- Lieutenant Commander Joanna Withrome
- Lieutenant Norman Craig
- Ensign Tracy Carson
- Ensign Eric Zimmer
- Admiral John Hayes
- Dr. Walter McRoye
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
- Commander William Riker