|Star Trek: Pioneer (STP) episode|
|Prod. code:||STP 3.26|
|Original post date:||2/7/2003|
|Previous episode:||"Space Pirates"|
|Next episode:||"Unwelcomed Visitors"|
The Starfleet Commander is dead!
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Captain Kelsoe and the crew of the USS Pioneer go back to Earth to help Admiral Anton become the new Starfleet Commander. It is a political battle to select the new Starfleet Commander. Captain Kelsoe is selected to be one of many Starfleet captains to choose between Admiral Anton or Admiral McCloud. Captain Jean-Luc Picard is also one of the chosen captains. Kelsoe and Picard are pitted against one another in their choice for Admiral John Hayes's successor. Along the way Kelsoe runs into a past flame. Can Kelsoe persuade his mentor of vote for Admiral Anton and deal with his past romance at the same time?
Key events[edit | edit source]
- Jean-Luc Picard makes his second appearance.
- Kelsoe's past it explored, i.e. dinner with Sarah Tellening.
- Admiral John Hayes dies during the test flight of the USS Guanine (NX-88708).
- Admiral Anton becomes the Starfleet Commander.
- The idea of war with the So'ja Coalition is discussed for the first time.
Locations[edit | edit source]
First appearance[edit | edit source]
- Captain Sarah Tellening
- Admiral Dustin McCloud
- Admiral Victoria Murray
- Captain Preston Ramsey
- Captain William Trigger
- Captain Edwin Sutton