|Original post date:||2004-04-25|
|Previous episode:||"The Recruited"|
|Next episode:||"Invasion 101"|
"The Timeship" was the sixtieth episode of Star Trek: Phoenix-X. It was the tenth episode of the third season.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The second Hexen combat android, Sub Zero, returns in Klokian's Timeship from his mission to warn the crew of the Phoenix-X about a strange android stealing the Omega Bomb in 21st century Earth. The Phoenix-X decides to go back in time to the year 2005 to stop whoever it is that steals the Omega Bomb. When they get there, they locate Trunks, the first Hexen combat android, who is malfunctioning and claims to be behind the whole thing. He reveals that during a visit to the Enterprise-E he began to malfunction after downloading all of B4's memories. This lead him to take the Narendra III portal back to the 21st century and create the Omega Android out of the Omega bomb. His intentions were to get Omega to help him destroy Sub Zero: for after the B4 download, Trunks re-realized his original programming - to destroy Sub Zero. The crew then apprehends Omega and deactivates his evil programming, but do not have the same luck with Trunks. They are soon forced to take all precautions necessary to stop Trunks from trying to destroy the Phoenix-X, where Sub Zero is located: an action that risks revealing Trunks to the people of 21st century Earth.
Background information[edit | edit source]
- There is an obvious plot/writing error in this episode at when Sub Zero encounters a mysterious android in the beginning, who steals the Omega Bomb for Trunks. It is later revealed at the end of the episode that this android is Omega who was created out of the Omega Bomb itself.
- The Omega Bomb and Klokian's Timeship are placed on 21st century Earth, and the Gordarion portal is placed on Narendra III (also referred to as the Narendra III portal or Kayl's portal) during the episode "Occurrence, Part II", setting up this episode.
- When Trunks links with B4, he downloads a copy of both B4's memories and Data's: therefore downloading all of the logs and journals of the colonists of Omicron Theta, and the memories and experiences of Data's daughter Lal. Trunks then downloads a copy of all these memories into Omega, before Trunks himself is destroyed.
- At the end of the episode Trunks is destroyed and replaced with Omega (who was created by Trunks).
- Klokian's Timeship is returned to the USS Xena at the end of this episode, as it was before the episode "Occurrence, Part I".