The ship's dedication plaque bore a quote from Miguel deCervantes from the musical Man of La Mancha: "To dream the impossible dream...to run where the brave dare not go...to reach the unreachable star."
The Chimera underwent extensive field modifications and did not meet Starfleet specifications in many areas. Outdated technology from a variety of cultures was incorporated into the ship.
In 2365 DS3 Station Commander Captain Montaine Buchanan announced that Starfleet Command had begun the process of decommissioning Chimera. A number of ships of differing classes were offered as a replacement. No decision had been arrived at. Most of the replacements were finishing up extensive refits. The decommissioning process would be completed between 6 months and one year.
- Captain Sayzar Tyrellian (deceased) - former commanding officer of the vessel.
- Lt. Commander Gregory Torkelson - Former Commanding officer. Was reassigned to the USS Chimera from the USS Remington. Recently relieved by DS3 Station Commander Captain Montaine Buchanan
- Lieutenant commander Renova Exler - Former First Officer and Chief of Security. Recently assigned as Captain
- Ensign Grelding - Communications Officer
- Lieutenant Owen Kyle - Second Officer and Helmsman, recently promoted to First Officer
- Ensign Randy Thomas - Navigation Officer
- Dr. Rachel Winston - Chief Medical Officer
- Med Tech Giles - Medical Technician
- Med Tech Kiara Johnson - Medical Technician
- Master Chief Petty Officer Burt "Hard" Knox - Chief Engineer
- Engineer Takahara - Assistant Chief Engineer
|USS Armargosa - USS Bashir - USS Bonestell - USS Chimera - USS Clark - USS Cochrane - USS Copernicus - USS Gemini-B - USS Grissom - USS Leone - USS Lowell - USS Oberth - USS Orichalcum - USS Patentote - USS Pegasus - USS Phoenix-A - USS Raman - USS Schirra - USS Thagard - SS Tsiolkovsky - USS Voyager - USS Ve'hal - SS Vico - USS Westphalen - SS Whitcomb - USS Yosemite (I) - USS Yosemite (II)|