|MKB - archive - talk page - talk page archive - TAG - radar 1 - radar 2|
2250s division colors
I'm thinking of just adding in the necessary blank 2260s sleeves to the 2250s page because they're pretty much the same. However, there are several conflicting items regarding the division colors. What do you think they should be? --Kevin W. Adm•Tlk 22:59, 15 January 2007 (UTC)
- i'd keep the standard gold command, blue sciences, beige ops scheme that is most commonly quoted. -- Captain M.K.B. 02:03, 16 January 2007 (UTC)
- personally, i don't think the descriptions of alternate divisions hold a lot of water, since they are based on a couple easily explainable uniform oddities. one is Leslie, who wore a 2250s-style blue uniform while serving as either a security guard or an orderly. in subsequent episodes, he served as both a security guard and orderly on numerous occasions, wearing all three uniform colors. he apparently changed shirts depending on what division he was going into that day. the other presumed blue-shirted security guard was the guy standing next to the turbolift door in "The Cage", which could have numerous explanations -- a dual-purpose crewmember, or a crewmember serving a function other than security who stood next to the door where we assume a security man would. -- Captain M.K.B. 02:33, 16 January 2007 (UTC)
- Blue wasn't solidified as the pure sciences color with the first pilot. In fact, it seems like all of the security guards wore blue. If anything, we can just put a lot of notes explaining the division anomalies and such like you did with the 2260s page. --Kevin W. Adm•Tlk 02:35, 16 January 2007 (UTC)
- the word 'security' wasn't even mentioned in the first two pilots, so i'm not sure who "all of the security guards" you're referring to are. Leslie, as i mentioned, was the only guard wearing blue in "Where No Man.." (and there's the possibility he was a medical orderly, as he was in several other TOS eps).. the only two other blueshirts beamed down were the two doctors, and of those with noticable actions, there was also Sulu, who was mentioned to be sciences .. no other security there. and in "The Cage" i didn't notice any other blueshirts besides the nameless turbolift sentry i mentioned doing anything "guardlike" -- there was only the geologist, Spock, and Boyce as i recall doing anything notable. -- 08:34, 16 January 2007 (UTC)
- Quoting from the MA article: " Since it is fact that the original "yellow/gold" uniforms were actually lime-green, an alternate view on color coding from 2250s to 2270 could apply as follows:
Command: Green Operations: Gold & Red Sciences: Blue
Security was represented by blue from 2254 to 2266, thereby making blue more of a Supplemental division during that time, not directly related to any activities pertaining to the command or operation of the ship, but rather: protection, health and study. Theoretically all security personnel changed to red in 2266 and re-grouped under Operations, the majority of which also changed to red, which would explain why some true gold shirts remained as a subset of traditional Ops. When solid colored uniforms returned in the 2350s, ops returned to traditional Federation gold and command took red, perhaps inspired by the intervening red-hued tunics. This conceit certainly explains some inconsitencies in the otherwise arbitrary nature of uniform color coding and is true to the reality of the colors intended regardless of their appearance. Specifically, why were the Command dress uniforms green if the duty uniforms were gold while the other divisions matched? Also, beige uniforms could have only existed in the unfortunate uniform design period of 2270 to 2278." --Kevin W. Adm•Tlk 15:20, 16 January 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, I've tried to correct them on that. thank you for bringing it to my attention. however, i stand by everything i've written above. if you've ever watched "The Cage" you can see their uniforms are definitely not pure green, but greenish-gold as i have always tried describing them, and the others are in fact goldish-beige. -- Captain M.K.B. 17:45, 16 January 2007 (UTC)
- I've been reviewing the material, and I'm starting to think there are no specific 2270s cadet ranks -- all the red uniform variants are reserved for trainees and student officers -- which are only synonymous with "cadet" under certain (not all) conditions. Saavik was a student officer (she was a cadet who had already been commissioned as lieutenant) and wore an officer uniform with red divisionals. Preston was a student officer (midshipman first class) who wore red divisionals and the insignia of a crewmman.
- I definitely think this means we should delete all "cadet admiral" (solid red) insignia (but keep all the academy personnel (red slash) insignia. Also, we should note that the solid red for officers is for provisional/student officers, not necessarily cadets. A solid red with gray slash LCDR would then be a "provisional LCDR" -- possibly, but not completely, explaining Valeris's uniform error in ST6 with a conjectural possibility. She was a LT who was in the process of studying to become a LCDR.
- as it is, i dont think there were any insignia that showed "cadet 1st class" or "cadet fourth class" -- so the conclusion should be that cadets would wear insignia that showed they were a student officer or a student who is not yet an officer, but the insignia themselves could not specifically mean they were cadets. -- Captain M.K.B. 01:15, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
Mike, Thx (seriously no sarcasm intended) for touching up/redoing the DOTF pic it looks much nicer now.--Logan MacLeod 18:49, 26 January 2007 (UTC)
I just slapped this together, but I don't want to implement it unless you're okay with it, seeing as though you're the one who's doing the registry pages. It'd make your work easier and is easily adaptable. --Kevin W. Adm•Tlk 06:25, 2 February 2007 (UTC)
- The only question i'd have is how do we set it off to include oddball registries like "NX-73811" and the like? -- Captain M.K.B. 05:12, 3 February 2007 (UTC)
2278 rank issues - resolved?
Recent changes by User:Petr21
- Well the Aakenn class is from the FASA role-playing game. other than that, i'm just not sure what the rest is about -- not English, fer sure.. -- Captain M.K.B.
thank you for correction pages USS CATCHON (NX-3400) etc ... thanks my inattention at writing.. otherwise more on my pages -- unsigned
- No problem. -- Captain M.K.B. 20:29, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
rule for avenues
hallo may I have to the back?? why are one avenues return into original version?? what you have then rule for addition avenues?? will not to are it up me had to remodeling or to am here rather nothing not long ago. I'm sorry that am the attach work.. I don't know what is rule for imagery avenues and addition. -- unsigned
- I'm not sure what you mean. -- Captain M.K.B. 20:29, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
why are executed this changes back??? and why AMBASSADOR CLASS is in other style??! http://stexpanded.wikia.com/index.php?title=Template%3AAkyazi_class_starships&diff=56139&oldid=56014
- I have been in the process of changing all the templates over to a NEW STYLE. You have been changing them back to the OLD STYLE.
- Do you have a problem with the NEW STYLE? its been around for quite a while and no one else has suggested changing it back to the OLD STYLE. -- Captain M.K.B. 20:58, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
Indeed in my opinion was original style better and more well-arranged.. in this tabular isn't see whole title boats older style excel and well-arranged but leave it on to you look here with on ABBE CLASS add am craft! give please know whether I have use new style or used! ) me agree with more used without frame ,only list below you Petr21 23:00 hod.
- I'm sorry, I can't understand what you are trying to say. -- Captain M.K.B. 21:07, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
o.k. --- Ambassador class list (http://stexpanded.wikia.com/index.php?title=Ambassador_class_starships&action=edit§ion=1) old style very very good! Akyazi class Adamant class class(http://stexpanded.wikia.com/index.php?title=Template:Akyazi_class_starships&action=edit§ion=1 ;http://stexpanded.wikia.com/index.php?title=Template:Akira_class_starships&action=edit§ion=1) new style no good style ...>unnoticed ! list style good; table style no good! I I have use what style??? new or old??
ENT era, 23rd century era, post-ENT era pages
Just wondering what these pages are for? They are just sitting blank, unused and alone out there so they are a prime candidate for deletion. – JayLR 16:53, 5 January 2008 (UTC)
- Sasoriza is correct, these were part of a parser function i was designing... feel free to delete them, it I ever finish it i would have to add data to them, I won't mind re-creating them if and when there is need. -- Captain MKB 17:43, 5 January 2008 (UTC)
- Okay, I'm going to just remove them for now. Thanks for your quick reply. – JayLR 23:48, 5 January 2008 (UTC)
- Occasionally. I'd love to work on my fanfic but I might wait a year or two until the hostility calms down... I'm having a grand time being an admin on two Star Trek wikis.. people respect my decisions.. give me opportunities to express myself... without repercussions... you get the picture, right? -- Captain MKB 07:21, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
- I consider you and I to be fine.. but I still have problems with how this site is run and I haven't saved up the courage to come back and subject myself to that again. It's kind of sad, I've put all my fanfic on hold because of my bad experiences here. -- Captain MKB 13:43, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
Reply: Rift Fleet
I answered on Tim Pendragons page. Also what you said alpys to Star Trek: New Voyages, not in my eyes, to ST fan stories. HmmI believe that for ST sites like this their should be a way to contact CBS Paramount for people like me to use instead of getting lost on their website. Rift Fleet 18:43, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
- Hey, we all have the right to be completely wrong sometimes.
- Listen, you asked, and I answered -- we do have a clear copyright notice that you are supposed to read before you post anything -- people who are actual adults, and people who are actual lawyers have helped to write these. If you ignore them, how else can we explain this to you? -- Captain MKB 22:51, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
- Hey Kev, what's up?
- I've been fairly busy on ranks, i'm in the middle of a couple sets right now. any chance it's something i've already done? -- Captain MKB 19:44, December 6, 2009 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, it's not, but I'm in no hurry to see it done, so if you have to put it on your to-do list, that's fine with me. Can I email you the specifics?
- Thank you -- i still need to finish the FASA 2350s enlisted sleeves over on Memory Beta. I've been working on TOS and the new movie's reality.
- Yeah, do you have my email through the site? -- Captain MKB 20:36, December 6, 2009 (UTC)