Types of warbird[edit | edit source]
Warbird classes[edit | edit source]
- Klingon Empire
- Romulan Star Empire
- D'deridex-class warbird (TNG: "The Defector")
- Jaricus-class warbird (Tales of the Seventh Fleet: "A Touch of Home")
- Llaiir'Dhael-class (RIS Bouteina)
- Men'los-class (Ship Recognition Manual, Volume 5: Starships of the Romulan Star Empire)
- T'korex-class (Ship Recognition Manual, Volume 5: Starships of the Romulan Star Empire)
- V'tir-class (Ship Recognition Manual, Volume 5: Starships of the Romulan Star Empire)
- Valdore-type (Star Trek Nemesis)
Background information[edit | edit source]
- Prior to Star Trek: Enterprise and Star Trek Nemesis, "warbird" or "Romulan warbird" referred exclusively to D'deridex-class starships. Brannon Braga mentioned that use of the term "warbird" to describe Klingon ships in "Broken Bow" was a mistake, implying that the production team only wished Romulan ships to be identified as warbirds.
- The Romulan word for "warbird" is D'Deridex, as established by dialogue in "The Defector" and "Tin Man".
- In Star Trek: Arcadia, some Romulan warbirds were reclassified as "starbirds" after the formation of the Romulan Republic (2382), reflecting the republic's less aggressive political posture (compared to the empire previously).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.