Types of warbird
- Klingon Empire
- Romulan Star Empire
- Chaltok-class (Star Trek: 001)
- D'deridex-class warbird (TNG: "The Defector")
- Jaricus-class warbird (Tales of the Seventh Fleet: "A Touch of Home")
- Llaiir'Dhael-class (RIS Bouteina)
- Men'los-class (Ship Recognition Manual, Volume 5: Starships of the Romulan Star Empire)
- T'korex-class (Ship Recognition Manual, Volume 5: Starships of the Romulan Star Empire)
- V'tir-class (Ship Recognition Manual, Volume 5: Starships of the Romulan Star Empire)
- Valdore-type (Star Trek Nemesis)
- Prior to Star Trek: Enterprise and Star Trek Nemesis, "warbird" or "Romulan warbird" referred exclusively to D'deridex-class starships. Brannon Braga mentioned that use of the term "warbird" to describe Klingon ships in "Broken Bow" was a mistake, implying that the production team only wished Romulan ships to be identified as warbirds.
- The Romulan word for "warbird" is D'Deridex, as established by dialogue in "The Defector" and "Tin Man".
- In Star Trek: Arcadia, some Romulan warbirds were reclassified as "starbirds" after the formation of the Romulan Republic (2382), reflecting the republic's less aggressive political posture (compared to the empire previously).